STEAM and children go together like peanut butter and jelly. Children are naturally curious and they want to explore and try to make sense out of their world. STEAM is also supportive of the WHOLE child and nurtures physical, social, and emotional skills along with cognitive skills. In this workshop, you will explore what the letters in STEAM mean to you as an early childhood educator. You will discover that you already know more than you think you know! When you set up the learning environment with interesting, hands-on materials and encourage your students to ask questions and experiment you are STEAMing ahead! Highlights will include:
- Questioning strategies
- Science through the senses
- Every day technology in the classroom
- Engineering, designing, and building
- Creative art activities
- Integrating reading and writing with blank books
- Math that is musical and meaningful
- Plus, you’ll leave with your own STEAM toolbox with a Dr. Jean recording
Click Here to Register Online.
Contact Jamie Spugnardi at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.