Wondering how Kentucky’s new Accountability Model will affect your role and responsibility as a Counselor? How can you ensure you are meeting the needs of the whole child and ensuring successful transitions for all students? What are the “Hot Topics” being addressed at the building, district, and state levels?
KDE Representative Robin McCoy will answer these questions and more as she presents updates from the KY Dept. of Education and facilitates discussions about the impact on Counselors as they work within their Comprehensive School Counseling Programs. Opportunities for Q&A as well as networking will be provided.
During this session, participants will:
- Determine impact of new laws HB 33: KRS 620.146, and HB 309: KRS 209A.100
- Learn how to access the educational materials referenced in KRS 209A.130
- Identify current steps to building comprehensive school counseling programs
- Understand the commissioner’s vision for course codes, their use to ensure students are provided equitable access to opportunities, and the effect on schools’ scheduling process
- Receive vital information on tracking the civics test, dual credit updates, and early graduation clarifications (Middle/High)
Click Here to Register Online.
Contact Kim Estes at email@example.com with any questions.