January 8, February 5, and March 5, 2018
Choice of either 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. (CST) Webinar
Join our online professional learning opportunity designed to facilitate cooperative work among teachers throughout the region who are not able to travel to work with each other in creating common instructional tools and resources designed to foster student cognitive engagement. Participants who earn 6 hours of EILA credit will:
(1) read Making Thinking Visible: How to Promote Engagement, Understanding, and Independence for All Learners by Ron Ritchhart, Mark Church, and Karin Morrison
(2) attend and actively participate in 3 of the scheduled online meetings (choose either the 4:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. Zoom meetings) on 1/8/2018, 2/5/2018, and 3/5/2018
(3) work with a partner or small group to create and post a resource to facilitate thinking routines in our group forum (shared online webpage). Student work, pictures, videos, and other artifacts of implementation of the thinking routine(s) in teachers' classrooms may also be included in the online site.
- Participants will explore ways to move from student compliance to student cognitive engagement.
- Participants will work with others to craft strategies that introduce, vary, and customize thinking routines for their own students.
- Participants will learn a variety of ways to gather evidence of student thinking.
Contact Angie Gunter at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.