This workshop will be a hands-on/minds-on session where teachers, coaches, and administrators will have the opportunity to explore how to increase appropriate challenge and age appropriate real world learning connections through literacy and STEAM investigations. Educators will also develop an understanding of how the investigations and content builds across the grade levels. (Ex. How can I structure a dramatic play center to help children better understand animal adaptations and ecosystems in later grades?) Literacy and STEAM explorations will be designed using the What If You had Ears like an Animal? series and other popular early childhood trade books.
Participants will take home samples using the following strategies:
- Model lessons and learning stations related to various STEAM Careers
- Thinking stems and questions to increase challenge and literacy
- Use of standards appropriate to the child’s level of readiness
- Digital tools to explore coding
- Hands on, minds on materials to inspire innovation, wonder, and problem solving.
Click Here to Register Online.
Contact Jamie Spugnardi at firstname.lastname@example.org.