This workshop will be a hands-on/minds-on session where teachers, coaches, and administrators will have the opportunity to explore how to increase appropriate challenge and age appropriate real world learning connections through literacy and STEAM investigations. Educators will also develop an understanding of how the investigations and content builds across the grade levels. (Ex. How will creating rockets using recycled materials in the science center relate to engineering and design standards in later grades?) Literacy and STEAM explorations will be designed using the If You Ever Wanted to Take a Circus to the Library, Don’t! series and other popular early childhood trade books.
Participants will take home samples using the following strategies:
- Model lessons and learning stations
- Thinking stems to increase challenge and literacy
- Use of standards appropriate to the child’s level of readiness
- Digital tools to explore coding
- Minds on materials to inspire innovation, wonder, and problem solving.
Click Here to Register Online.
Contact Jamie Spugnardi at email@example.com with any questions.