The Academy will begin with a one-day professional learning session to establish protocols for discussion and practice using coaching techniques immersed in early childhood scenarios. Two additional days of follow-up training will occur across the fall semester to allow participants to practice skills and bring back their own experiences as they collaborate with staff back home. Often great leaders of children are asked to lead adults without any specific tools or protocols to assist them day-to-day. This workshop will provide guidance about how to build capacity in other adults. Participants will receive a copy of Elena Aguilar’s, The Art of Coaching and many other practical tools.
Participants will learn how to identify and practice basic tools needed to
- develop trust among staff and build a sense of community
- use techniques and structures for reflecting and problem resolution
- develop higher levels of efficacy, consciousness, craftsmanship, flexibility and interdependence
- utilize the coaching tools of active listening, pausing, paraphrasing and posing questions
- use descriptive data to provide feedback based upon evidence instead of judgement
Contact Jamie Spugnardi at email@example.com with any questions.